Dates to Remember
To ensure you understand your obligations regarding licence fees and to avoid paying any penalties for unauthorised trading, we have provided the important dates below.
1 June 2016 – Deadline for updating your details through the OLGR client portal.
30 June 2016 – Date by which each licensee will have received an assessment of annual licence fees from OLGR. If you have not received an assessment by this date, please contact OLGR on 07 3224 7131. (Current and past LGS clients can feel free to contact us for assistance.)
1 July 2016 – Earliest date you can pay your annual licence fees. This can be done through the OLGR client portal, by telephone, by post or in person at the customer service desk. NB: OLGR will not accept credit card payments by email or facsimile.
If you have suffered some financial hardship or natural disaster you may be able to pay your annual liquor licence fees in instalments. We recommend you contact OLGR in advance of the deadline if you want to explore this option. Of course, we are also happy to assist in the preparation of submissions if required.
1 August 2016 – Effective deadline for payment of annual licence fees because 31 July is not a business day. Your licence will be automatically suspended if fees are not paid by this date.
Please note: if your licence is suspended due to non-payment of annual fees, you are not authorised to sell liquor until the fees have been paid. Numerous licensees were fined for this in the 15/16 financial year.
29 August 2016 – Date on which your licence will be cancelled if annual licence fees remain unpaid.
This article was edited on 5 July 2016 to remove the following text from the introduction. It is included here for reference.
A number of licensees have contacted our office recently because of letters received from OLGR regarding payment of annual liquor licence fees. So far, the correspondence from OLGR has been a reminder of the process to pay annual licence fees, rather than a demand for payment.
- Annual liquor licence fees for the 2016/17 financial year must be paid by 31 July 2016 (this is a Sunday, so the next business day will be the effective deadline).
- However, annual fees cannot be paid before 1 July 2016.
- A fee assessment will be sent to each licensee in June.
- If you have changed your contact details or postal address you must login to the OLGR client portal and update your details by 1 June 2016.
- Licensees who trade past midnight may see an adjustment in their fees to reflect changes to trading hours following the most recent amendments to the Act.